Subject: Re: java packages
To: None <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/23/2001 10:40:31
   > I am trying to construct a package for some software that is written
   > in java (1.1 or 1.2).  Presumably, I need to include a dependency for
   > one or more of the various java packages.  However, this is my first
   > experience with java so I'm not sure exactly which package(s) to
   > install and how to get java programs running.

   Take a look at bsd.pkg.mk, around line 60. You'll see there's a
   USE_JAVA definition, which should do the right thing for the platform
   you're working on. You could also take a look at some of the other
   Java packages we have in pkgsrc, like www/jakarta-tomcat, to see
   how they've done things.

Great.  But ...

The java brought in by the USE_JAVA definition yields a system that
will handle v1.1 java code, but not v1.2 code.  This gets me through
part of the problem, but is there similar support for java 1.2?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Brook