Subject: Re: Problems with php-gd
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/22/2001 02:08:18
Hubert Feyrer <> wrote:

Hubert> On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, R駑i Zara wrote:

>> /usr/libexec/ Undefined symbol "_gdttf" in
>> httpd:/usr/pkg/lib/php/20001222/

Hubert> ldd /usr/pkg/lib/php/20001222/
Hubert> check our freetype package installed!

Is it possible that freetype-lib package which is required
by gd package is not installed on the system?  (I know
FORCE_* environment variable or -f option of pkg_add)

Hubert> (coming to think, i wonder why
Hubert> pkgsrc/graphics/php4-gd/Makefile doesn't mention
Hubert> freetype as DEPENDS or buildlink...?!)

Because it includes "../../graphics/gd/", which
includes "../../graphics/freetype-lib/".  I
think it's enough.  www/php3-gd/Makefile doesn't mention
freetype-lib ether.

Anyway, I'd suggest original poster to update the pkgsrc
tree.  I suffered from the same problem and that made me to
start hacking on the package.