Subject: Re: Multiple dependencies to same package
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/22/2001 18:37:15
On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Martin J. Laubach wrote:
>   Is there a deeper reason (other than "nobody cared") we can't compress
> those to the highest version found?

No reason. This list is the output of "make run-depends-list
PACKAGE_DEPENDS_QUICK=true"(*). If you want to come up with some smart
code to merge these, I sure want to hear about it. :)

 - Hubert

(*) note that the PACKAGE_DEPENDS_QUICK option requires the pkg being
    installed to read the dependencies from the installed package
    without a recursive tree walk

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/