Subject: Re: Apache, PHP build failure
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/20/2001 14:01:12
On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, [iso-8859-1] Rémi Zara wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble updating PHP and Apache en my NetBSD 1.5 release
> (GENERIC) mac68k box.
> The build seems to fail at link with a lot of (if not all) symbols
> multiply defined.
> What I did was cd in the directory and make update.
> I had apache 1.3.20 installed and PHP 4.0.5  with php-gd and php-mysql.
> Here is below some of the output for apache, the output for PHP being
> very similar:
> Can someone tell me what's going on ?
[snip]

Well, I did not have the multiply defined problem that you had, but I had
problems with inter-lib dependencies. (Unresolved symbols at runtime).

I got it to work fine by build apache with DSO support and then building
PHP as a DSO. However, to get this to work I had to FIRST run configure
with all my options (see below if curious), and THEN copy the latest
version of "libtool" (which I installed separately from PKGSRC) into the
PHP-4.0.6 directory, overwiting the version created there by configure.
Then do a make , make install.

This worked great for me. YMMV.

FYI: My Configure options for PHP 4.0.6
./configure \
--with-mysql \
--with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs \
--enable-sockets \
--enable-trans-sid \
--with-zlib \
--with-config-file-path=/etc/httpd/conf/ \
--disable-debug \
--enable-memory-limit \
--with-mhash=/usr/local/bin/

--
Joe Laffey              |  Want to convert subnet masks between different
LAFFEY Computer Imaging |  notations, or figure the number of IPs in a block?