Subject: bulk builds and issues/results
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/20/2001 02:46:53
I'm bulk building all the packages on macppc and my first build just
completed.

I have a few concerns/issues and I'm wondering if these are normal or
something strange on my end.

1. When it's done it errored out with:

Post processing bulk build results...
make: don't know how to make bulk-install. Stop
perl: not found
Null message body; hope that's ok

Bulk build ended: Sat Oct 20 06:23:39 UTC 2001

2. According to pkg_info it left one package installed. I thought it was
supposed to clean them all up:

bash-2.04# pkg_info
digest-20010807     Message digest wrapper utility

3. /usr/pkg is a mess of random file droppings from packages (after I removed
digest):

/usr/pkg/bin/pydoc
/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/gated
/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/dynipclient
/usr/pkg/etc/nmh/mhn.defaults
/usr/pkg/etc/nmh/mts.conf
/usr/pkg/etc/efax.rc
/usr/pkg/etc/analog.cfg
/usr/pkg/etc/skk.conf
/usr/pkg/etc/hpack.cfg
/usr/pkg/etc/psutils.cfg
/usr/pkg/etc/openssl.cnf
/usr/pkg/etc/openldap/ldap.conf
/usr/pkg/etc/openldap/ldapfilter.conf
/usr/pkg/etc/openldap/ldaptemplates.conf
/usr/pkg/etc/openldap/ldapsearchprefs.conf
/usr/pkg/etc/openldap/slapd.conf
/usr/pkg/etc/openldap/slapd.at.conf
/usr/pkg/etc/openldap/slapd.oc.conf
/usr/pkg/etc/rplay.conf
/usr/pkg/etc/php3.ini
/usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf
/usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf.bak
/usr/pkg/info/dir
/usr/pkg/lib/libawka.so
/usr/pkg/lib/python2.0/site-packages/_ldapmodule.so
/usr/pkg/lib/mirror/mirror.defaults
/usr/pkg/lib/charset.alias
/usr/pkg/libexec/cgi-bin/htmllint.env
/usr/pkg/man/man1/ckpasswd.1
/usr/pkg/man/man1/ruby14.1
/usr/pkg/man/man1/snmpdf.1
/usr/pkg/man/man1/snmpconf.1
/usr/pkg/man/man3/init_mib.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/add_mibdir.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/init_mib_internals.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/snmp_set_mib_warnings.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/read_module.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/read_all_mibs.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/read_mib.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/read_module_node.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/read_objid.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/add_module_replacement.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/shutdown_mib.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/print_mib.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/print_variable.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/print_value.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/print_objid.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/print_description.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/snmp_set_save_descriptions.3
/usr/pkg/man/man3/get_module_node.3
/usr/pkg/man/man5/buffindexed.conf.5
/usr/pkg/man/man5/newslog.5
/usr/pkg/man/man5/ovdb.5
/usr/pkg/man/man5/readers.conf.5
/usr/pkg/man/man5/sasl.conf.5
/usr/pkg/man/man8/cnfsheadconf.8
/usr/pkg/man/man8/inndstart.8
/usr/pkg/man/man8/makedbz.8
/usr/pkg/man/man8/ovdb_recover.8
/usr/pkg/man/man8/ovdb_upgrade.8
/usr/pkg/man/man8/dbprocs.8
/usr/pkg/share/doc/html/mod_dtcl/commands.html
/usr/pkg/share/doc/html/mod_dtcl/directives.html
/usr/pkg/share/doc/html/mod_dtcl/help.html
/usr/pkg/share/doc/html/mod_dtcl/index.html
/usr/pkg/share/doc/html/mod_dtcl/install.html
/usr/pkg/share/doc/html/mod_dtcl/nav.html
/usr/pkg/share/doc/html/mod_dtcl/other.html
/usr/pkg/share/doc/html/mod_dtcl/top.html
/usr/pkg/share/doc/speedtouch.txt
/usr/pkg/share/locale/locale.alias
/usr/pkg/share/Root
/usr/pkg/share/Repository
/usr/pkg/share/Entries
/usr/pkg/share/nethackdir/record
/usr/pkg/share/nethackdir/logfile
/usr/pkg/share/Ssh.bin
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/DUMPER-API
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/FAQ
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/INDEXING
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/INSTALL
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/INTERNALS
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/KERBEROS
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/LABEL.PRINTING
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/MULTITAPE
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/RESTORE
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/SAMBA
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/SECURITY
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/SYSTEM.NOTES
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/TAPE.CHANGERS
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/TAPETYPES
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/UPGRADE
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/WHATS.NEW
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/WISHLIST
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/YEAR2000
/usr/pkg/share/amanda/ZFTAPE
/usr/pkg/cint/include/sys/ipc.dll

4. I ended up with random files in / ????

bash-2.04# ls /
.cshrc              altroot             mnt                 prcs.elc
.exists             amd                 net                 proc
.profile            bin                 netbsd              root
AppConfig.0         boot                netbsd+             sbin
AppConfig::Args.0   dev                 prcs-ediff.el       stand
AppConfig::File.0   etc                 prcs-ediff.elc      sys
AppConfig::Getopt.0 home                prcs-hooks.el       tmp
AppConfig::State.0  kern                prcs-hooks.elc      usr
AppConfig::Sys.0    lost+found          prcs.el             var

Note the AppConfig and prcs files.

Any assistance here would be great. I'll be happy to dig in and do the cleanup
legwork here but I'm not real sure what's expected behavior completely
so I didn't want to get to much into it quite yet.

James