Subject: Re: teTeX again
To: None <Knappe@tu-harburg.de>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/19/2001 00:56:26
Frank Knappe <knappe@tu-harburg.de> wrote:

Frank> On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:

>> Hmm, the script file says that `texconfig init' just
>> installed doesn't work properly.  I assume you use i386
>> (ok?), but it's strange.  The i386 boxes in my office
>> have no trouble with teTeX-bin.

Frank> Yes, it's i386.

Well, I can't reproduce the problem here, so...  Does your
pkgsrc tree comes with 1.5.1?  If so, please update the tree
via anoncvs or by getting the latest tarball and try
compiling again?

I wonder that no one is beaten by the problem.  I searched
the PR database including closed one, but found nothing
related.

>> Please let us know the content of /etc/mk.conf if exists
>> and your installed packages, especially xpkgwedge.  Also,
>> check the permissions of the several places such as /tmp,
>> /var/tmp of your box.

Frank> /etc/mk.conf and the output og pkg_info are attached
Frank> drwxrwxrwt 3 root wheel 512 Oct 17 23:11 tmp
Frank> drwxrwxrwt 4 root wheel 512 Oct 8 01:33 tmp

Ok.  It looks fine with me.

>> `kdump'ing texconfig would help this.  replacing
>> texconfig in the makefile in the texk directory with
>> `kdump ${PREFIX}/bin/texconfig', doing make in the
>> package directory.  Then cd to texk directory and do
>> `ktrace | less' and see what happens.

Frank> I found something about texconfig in
Frank> /usr/pkgsrc/print/teTeX-bin/work/teTeX-1.0/Makefile

Sorry, you're right.

Frank> Which entry should I change? The last one?

Yes.  the former is an argument to the `test' command which
checks if the texconfig command exists.

Frank> Ciao , Frank .

I hope this helps.

--