Subject: Re: uucp pkg available for testing
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/18/2001 23:30:29
At 23:34 Uhr +0200 17.10.2001, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>OK, let's get to it. I'm really UUCP clueless, so I'd appreciate some
>input. I've made a UUCP package and placed it at
>The path is currently encoded as /etc/uucp, but it can easily be changed
>with soem variable, see the pkg's Makefile.
>Please test and let me know if this package works, or how it can be

[hauke@pizza] /<6>comms/ # uname -a
SunOS pizza 5.8 Generic_108528-05 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-10
[hauke@pizza] /<6>comms/ # pkg_info | fgrep uucp
uucp-1.06.2         I. Taylor's Unix to Unix Copy (UUCP) implementation
[hauke@pizza] /<6>comms/ #

-- Flawless installation; I removed the Sun BNU uucp before (SUNWbnuu &
SUNWbnur). I have not yet tried the uucp installation, though.

"Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for
 a little order will lose both and deserve neither."
                                                   Benjamin Franklin