Subject: Re: teTeX again
To: None <>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/17/2001 08:50:48

Frank Knappe <> wrote:

Frank> As someone suggested I started script before all this
Frank> and you can find the script-file as attachment. I
Frank> hope the filesize isn't to big. If such attachments
Frank> are not tolerated, tell it me, then I will not do it
Frank> again.

Frank> I hope the script file will help me/us to solve this
Frank> problem.

Hmm, the script file says that `texconfig init' just
installed doesn't work properly.  I assume you use i386
(ok?), but it's strange.  The i386 boxes in my office have
no trouble with teTeX-bin.

Please let us know the content of /etc/mk.conf if exists and
your installed packages, especially xpkgwedge.  Also, check
the permissions of the several places such as /tmp, /var/tmp
of your box.

`kdump'ing texconfig would help this.  replacing texconfig
in the makefile in the texk directory with `kdump
${PREFIX}/bin/texconfig', doing make in the package
directory.  Then cd to texk directory and do `ktrace | less'
and see what happens.