Subject: Re: Zoularis && pkgtools/x11-links, take 2
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/15/2001 23:49:48
On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 09:16:02PM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after installing findutils and supplying a auitable value for the mk.conf
> FIND, I ran into the next problem: 'make install' died because of a missing
> lib dir.
>
> Looking through the cvs files, it is quite obvious why: The list of copied
> files is XFree specific.
>
> My questions:
>
> 1) Is Solaris /usr/openwin support planned for this package?
>
> 2) If not, is this package really mandatory, and what would be the proper
> incantation to replace it (I tried to install x11/gtk when I hit the
> problem)?
>
> 	hauke
>
> --
> "Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for
>  a little order will lose both and deserve neither."
>                                                    Benjamin Franklin

Zoularis was developed using X11R6, not openwin. The NetBSD xsrc
(3.3.6-based) client side used to compile fine on Solaris. That
was what was used. It was changed by someone else to be openwin,
but as far as I know, that's never been tested.  There are distinct
differences in imake, manual pages, etc, etc, etc, as you have
found out.  My apologies - I should have stamped that one out when
it happened.

Regards,
Alistair