Subject: Re: where to install html/images
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/12/2001 20:48:34
On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 10:46:21PM -0400, mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> Do we have a prefered way to figure out where to install images and
> perhaps static html files which go along with a cgi program?  The idea is
> this is a package which would be installed on a web server.

The way it's done for the webmail packages in our tree (squirrelmail and
horde/imp) is that we install under ${PREFIX}/share, and by default assume
that the web server is cool enough that it can remap parts of the filesystem
to be part of it's document tree.  This pretty much assumes apache.  If
another web server is used, then the files would need to be copied to it's
document root, and the config files editted.  I tried thinking of a general
solution, but it was too hard.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>