Subject: Re: java packages
To: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/12/2001 17:58:46
On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 03:37:22PM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:
> I am trying to construct a package for some software that is written
> in java (1.1 or 1.2).  Presumably, I need to include a dependency for
> one or more of the various java packages.  However, this is my first
> experience with java so I'm not sure exactly which package(s) to
> install and how to get java programs running.
>
> Any guidance would be greatly appeciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Brook

Take a look at bsd.pkg.mk, around line 60. You'll see there's a
USE_JAVA definition, which should do the right thing for the platform
you're working on. You could also take a look at some of the other
Java packages we have in pkgsrc, like www/jakarta-tomcat, to see
how they've done things.

Regards,
Alistair