Subject: Re: Fvwm 2.4.3 is released (fwd)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/09/2001 10:02:34
On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 10:30:13AM +0300, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Tom Spindler wrote:
>
> > > Btw, why the hell does fvwm2 now depends on gtk and imlib?
> > >
> > > It now takes a lot of time to just install X11 and build fvwm2.
> > > It is enough that you need to build perl, for one of the dependencies
> > > for fvwm2, which needs autoconf.
> >
> > It appears they were added by nra@netbsd.org - presumably for the
> > FvwmGtk module. I could personally do without it.
>
> I've updated xpmroot and I'm working on fvwm2 right now. Would this
> be acceptable before we get fvwm2-gtk etc?
>
> +.if defined(WANT_FVWM_GTK)
> +PLIST_SUBST+=   GTK=""
> +.include "../../x11/gtk/buildlink.mk"
> +.else
> +PLIST_SUBST+=   GTK="@comment "
> +.endif

Hmm, what about using FWVM2_USE_GTK and FVWM2_USE_IMLIB?
Otherwise it is that okay with me.

And maybe also adding one extra contional for rplay? This is used by FvwmEvent.
Hmmm, no, I think we should fix the rplay package to not require autoconf.

> I'm also one of those who just want a small footprint window manager
> without any extra garbage...

Sorry about my mail, but it took a lot of time to just compile a window manager.

Bernd