Subject: Re: emacs: mipseb not recognized
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/2001 13:00:07
On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> This happens when trying to build emacs on sgimips:
>
> ===> Configuring for emacs-20.7
> checking host system type... Invalid configuration `mipseb--netbsd': machine `mipseb-' not recognized
>
> configure: error: Emacs hasn't been ported to `' systems.
> Check `etc/MACHINES' for recognized configuration names.
> *** Error code 1
>

> When running configure manually, I can convince it to work with the
> following command:
>
> 	./configure --host=mips-unknown-netbsd
>
> Dunno what's broken here, bsd.pkg*.mk or the sgimips port... anyone?

  I saw this with another package (can't remember which one it was at the
moment).  I think it was because the package mk files explicitly specifies
host=mipseb--netbsd to the configure script, and the configure script
doesn't recognize mipseb.  I manually modified the configure script to
accept mipseb in addition to mipsel.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant