Subject: Re: Config files and packages
To: David Brownlee <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/2001 01:38:31
On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	Definitely - I'm sure there will be at least one package somewhere
> 	that could use the functionality for a file in /var or PREFIX/lib.
> 	If anyone can think of a more generic name than '@config'...

I recommend concentrating on cases that we know we want to handle, not
going a 110% solution that includes every possible case and is so complex
it will never be implemented (properly).

BTW if you check the list archives, you'll see that I brought up the idea
of special treatment of config files quite some time ago..

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->