Subject: Re: Installing Amaya
To: Frederick Bruckman <>
From: Johnny Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/04/2001 16:21:55
On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 03:00:27PM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Todd Gruhn's account wrote:
> >  I decided I would install Amaya an see what thats like. IT TRIED TO DOWNLOAD
> > OPENMOTIF! The stupid thing is about 14MB -- I don't need another MOTIF CLONE.
> > I am already running LessTif. Can the Amaya install procedure be told to check
> > for preinstalled copies of Mootif and LessTif, and then use that?
> Yes. Look in pkgsrc/mk/ (mk.conf.example for older
> pkgsrc) for "MOTIF_TYPE".

Hmm...when I was doing testing, I checked that if LessTif was installed,
then MOTIF_TYPE would default to using LessTif, and the same for OpenMotif.
Only when neither are installed does it pick the default Motif distribution
(OpenMotif).  It seems to be broken since I initially check in  I'll try to fix this ASAP.

	-- Johnny Lam <>