Subject: Re: xv PLIST needs fixing
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/03/2001 11:50:21
On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 01:15:11AM -0700, Johnny Lam wrote:

> This may be a silly question, but do you have the text tools (groff, etc.)
> installed on your system?  The man pages are installed unless both
> ${PREFIX}/man/cat1 exist and the *.0 files are generated.  I assume that
> /usr/X11R6/man/cat1 is there since it's part of xbase.tgz, but possibly
> the man pages aren't being generated because groff can't be found?

Martti,

	Can you check to see if the *.0 files are generated in the doc/
subdirectory?  Also, what XFree86 are you running?  Is this perhaps a
XF3/XF4 problem?  Does anyone see this problem on a XF3 system?  I'm
skeptical about XF3/XF4 being the cause since we didn't see this problem
before XF4 came out either.  Lastly, what does the following give you:

	cd /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/xv
	make clean
	make configure
	cd work/xv-3.10a