Subject: Re: buildlink-ifying some packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Gillespie, Jr. <epg@pretzelnet.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/03/2001 09:24:21
"Dr. Rene Hexel" <rh@vip.at> writes:

    >   Thanks for your efforts, Eric.  As you may have noted
    > from the commit messages, in the last days, I have
    > converted a few GNOME packages to now use buildlink.  I do

Yes, i have noticed.  I had GConf and OAF done when i did cvs
update and saw your changes.

    >   devel/libglade devel/bonobo devel/gal sysutils/gnome-vfs
    > math/gnumeric

Here are the ones i will be working on today.  Let me know if you
already have plans and i'll stay out of the way :).

Need to create buildlink.mk:
x11/gnome-core (yes, it has libraries)
devel/libgtop
x11/gtk--
x11/gnome--
devel/libsigc++

I plan to send-pr patches to make the following packages
USE_BUILDLINK_ONLY:

x11/gdm
x11/controlcenter
print/ggv (which has incorrect DEPENDS anyway)
devel/glade (again with the incorrect DEPENDS)
x11/gnome-applets
x11/gnome-core
games/gnome-games
misc/gnome-pim
misc/gnome-utils
x11/gtk-engines
sysutils/gtop
graphics/imlib

    >   At the first glance, this looks okay.  I trust you have
    > tested this with some dependent package on your system?

Yes, as i said in my original message, i tested this by making
gnome-print USE_BUILDLINK_ONLY and including x11.buildlink.mk.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr.
mailto:epg@pretzelnet.org <*> jabber:pretzelgod@jabber.org

"This movie sure is gory!"