Subject: Re: Crypt::CBC problems?
To: None <jlam@jgrind.org>
From: None <sen_ml@eccosys.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/02/2001 19:01:58
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 23:57:14 -0700

> On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 03:06:51PM +0900, sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:
> >
> > FWIW, the errors went away when I modified:
> >
> >    Makefile.PL - to look for Digest::MD5 instead of MD5
> >    CBC.pm - "use MD5;" -> "use Digest::MD5"
> >
> > I'm not sure if that's enough though.
>
> That's usually enough.  You may also need to change any "new MD5"
> statements to "Digest::MD5->new".  Otherwise, I believe the support the
> same API.

If it's a problem in the upstream source (it currently looks like it
to me), can I assume whoever handles the pr will contact the author of
the module?

> > Should I send a pr for this?
>
> It doesn't hurt, and probably will cause the problem to be fixed sooner.
> If you could track down other packages in the tree with this problem before
> submitting a PR, that would be even better.

I did a grep for p5-Digest-MD5 in /usr/pkgsrc/*/*/Makefile and grepped
corresponding source for "MD5".

It looks like the following are ok (they have references to Digest::MD5):

  databases/p5-perl-ldap
  security/p5-Crypt-RSA
  textproc/p5-Convert-ASCII-Armour
  textproc/p5-Convert-PEM
  www/p5-libwww

The following only mention MD5 (Makefile.PLs were checked too):

  security/p5-Crypt-CBC
  www/p5-Apache-Session

You seem to have taken care of comms/pilotmgr already ;-)