Subject: Re: Please review: perl patch to make more painless
To: Johnny Lam <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/01/2001 18:21:53
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Johnny Lam wrote:

: I've included below a patch to the perl package that causes perl modules
: from CPAN to link directly against -lperl when built.  Combined with the
: recent update of perl to add ${LOCALBASE}/lib to the rpath when creating
: shared libraries/modules, these two changes make using (ap-perl)
: more painless.

FWIW (to get this out of my overflowing mailbox :), this looks great; please
implement it.  This was my original intent with ages ago, but I
never managed to get to fixing it.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --