Subject: Re: openssl w/o rc5 & idea, was Re: openssl like in NetBSD
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/26/2001 12:15:40
>On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Michael Richardson wrote:
>
>> ripping out idea screws anyone who wants to use -lcrypto as a basis for doing
>> PGP2 work. I wouldn't have a problem having -lidea though.
>>
>> rc5, i could care less.
>
>Any further comments? A follow-up to this post said that PGP2
>implimentations usually have their own IDEA implimentations, so its
>absence here won't matter.
>
>If I don't hear anything by Thursday (the 27th) I'll commit the change.
>
>Take care,

	where was the original post made? (URL to mail-index.netbsd.org
	please?) anyway, don't include IDEA and RC5 in /usr/lib/libcrypto.a or
	any other base distributions, they have IPR issues.  we have partial
	workaround for them (src/lib/libcrypto_{idea,rc5}).  if it is about
	packages, i'm not too sure about the current situation.

itojun