Subject: Re: packages for Crypt::OpenPGP and dependencies
To: None <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: None <sen_ml@eccosys.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/21/2001 10:04:02
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:24:43 -0400

>   Should p5-Convert-PEM go in converters or textproc?
>   also   p5-Convert-ASCII-ARMOR? Based upon -ASN1, I would opt for textproc.

What did you think of Takahiro Kambe's post on 2001-09-17?

The Makefile COMMENT's for converters and textproc are respectively:

  Character code converters
  Text processing utilities (does not include desktop publishing)

My vote for p5-Convert-ASCII-Armour would be textproc because it feels
more like a text processing module than a character code converter [1] --
also there is a precedent of putting some of the other (non-crypto?)
p5-Convert-* modules there.

Now I feel that p5-Convert-PEM should be either security or textproc.
I don't feel like I have enough experience to have an opinion about
this one.

[1] Of course, not everything that's there already seems to fit ;-)