Subject: Re: lang/gcc on Solaris8/zoularis
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@script.jussieu.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/09/2001 10:09:51
On Fri, 07 Sep 2001 15:50:28 +0200  Stoned Elipot wrote:
> But I'm not really sure if it would be the way to go.
> GCC's cpp's LOCAL_INCLUDE_DIR is only intended to help gcc's user
> with locally installed include files so I guess it's not big harm to
> remove it from the include search list ?

Hum, I guess I was wrong trying to do solve it this way.
For me the trouble with lang/gcc came from having ZOULARISBASE == LOCALBASE.
And having lang/gcc's cpp staying away from $LOCALBASE/include - hence from
zoularis' includes - only fix lang/gcc's compile problem:
- a non-buildlinkified pkg might use -I$LOCALBASE/include and choke like
  lang/gcc was choking
- a non-pkg compilation might use -I$LOCALBASE/include and also choke

I'll revert to ZOULARISBASE == LOCALBASE/bsd and guess I'll be able
to compile lang/gcc and won't come across the 2 cases I mentioned above.

Stoned.