Subject: Re: USE_X11 and buildlink
To: Mario Kemper <magick@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@c35.jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/26/2001 18:19:34
On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 04:23:56PM +0200, Mario Kemper wrote:

> 1. USE_X11 isn't dokumented in Packages.txt

I think it's documented in packages(7).

> 2. Nothing sets CFLAGS+=${X11BASE}/includes, neither USE_X11 nor
>    USE_X11BASE. Why?
>    LDFLAGS is set correctly by both options.

That one I'm not too clear on, but it seems that we avoid adding
extra directories to the header search path so that we don't conflict
with local headers.  Of course, buildlink does this, so there's certainly
precedent for it.  Also, I came across several packages in the tree that
do CFLAGS+=-I${X11BASE}/include.

> 3. My package uses tcl/tk via buildlink. As tk needs native X11
>    includes and libs, i have to set the include path to X11BASE, the
>    library path is already set by USE_X11. Does it still qualify for
>    USE_BUILDLINK_ONLY?

Yes, it does.  At least until I commit my changes to pkgsrc on Monday,
USE_BUILDLINK_ONLY just means that a package doesn't pull in headers
and libraries from ${LOCALBASE}, and just uses the ones from
${BUILDLINK_DIR} and ${X11BASE}.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>