Subject: Re: Kerberos not linked with proper libs on ELF? [was: Re: qpopper
To: None <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/25/2001 03:03:29
On Sat, 25 Aug 2001 marius@alchemy.franken.de wrote:
> a) the check for krb_recvauth() in libkrb should succeed on all netbsd
>    ports, as it really is in that library
> b) libkrb should be linked with libcrypt, libroken and so on or programms
>    depending on libkrb should also be linked with these libs
> ?!?

yes & yes

> i dont't have a '/usr/lib/libkrb.so' (symlink ?) here, only a
> '/usr/lib/libkrb.so.4' and i don't get an output if i run ldd with it,
> as it isn't a shared object here
> at least i get some of the above symbols if i do a
> 'nm -g /usr/lib/libkrb.so.4.0'

Hum, I'd have expected a libkrb.so, but that's not the problem.
I don't know enough about our toolchain, esp. the a.out part, to
debug this.

> iirc, the .a libs are used for a.out linking and .so for elf linking ?

No. .a == static lib, .so == dynamic (shared) lib/object.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/