Subject: Re: libintl
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@c35.jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/24/2001 19:29:15
On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 03:16:52AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> ftp://smaug.fh-regensburg.de/pub/NetBSD/pkgstat/last/mail/elm-me/.broken.i386
> says it can't find libintl, and I can reproduce that. I have gettext-lib
> installed though. What is the right way to add the necessary -Wl,-R and -L
> switches to get that lib found?

The gettext-lib/buildlink.mk file does one thing differently from setting
USE_LIBINTL, which is to not add the appropriate linker flags directly to
LIBS, but leave them with LDFLAGS.  You can work around this for specific
packages that use gettext-lib/buildlink.mk by doing LIBS+=${LDFLAGS}.

I see that adding the linker flags to LIBS is rather harmless, so I'll simply
edit the gettext-lib/buildlink.mk file to match the behaviour of USE_LIBINTL.
Don't bother with changing the elm-me package, and just make sure you grab
the latest gettext-lib/buildlink.mk after my commit.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>