Subject: Status of + pkgtools/x11-links
To: None <>
From: Johnny Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/23/2001 20:08:12
I've been testing the latest buildlink-for-x11.tgz tarball, available at:

fairly extensively.  In my local pkgsrc tree, I've converted almost all of
the packages that are both USE_BUILDLINK_ONLY and USE_X11/USE_X11BASE,
about 85 packages, to use  The process is as simple as I
had stated in my earlier email:  simply include at the
bottom of the package Makefile just before  If the package uses
GNU configure (most of the packages I've converted fall into this category)
there is usually nothing else to do.  Otherwise, simple patch files to

	-I${X11BASE}/include --> -I${BUILDLINK_X11_DIR}/include
	-L${X11BASE}/lib     --> -L${BUILDLINK_X11_DIR}/lib

I intend to commit and pkgtools/x11-links on Monday,
27 August, after a few more days to stress test things.  If anyone else
has tried the above tarball, please drop me a note.

	-- Johnny Lam <>