Subject: buildlink for X11: new tarball
To: None <>
From: Johnny Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/22/2001 13:04:10
I've placed the next evolution of buildlink for X11 at:

It has the same name as the tarball I had previously placed there.
Just extract it directly into /usr/pkgsrc.  It contains:

	mk/	[file]
	pkgtools/x11-links	[package]

If you have set USE_BUILDLINK_X11 anywhere, please _remove_ it, or else
things will break, as buildlink-x11 is no longer used by pkgsrc.  To use
the new files, if a package sets USE_X11 or USE_X11BASE, then add the

	.include "../../mk/"

just before the inclusion of  For most packages that use GNU
configure, nothing else needs to be changed.  For packages that don't use
GNU configure, then replace hard-coded references to /usr/X11R6 in the
sources with references to ${BUILDLINK_X11_DIR}.  Then just "make build".
This allows X11 packages to be strongly-buildlinked.

	-- Johnny Lam <>