Subject: Re: Packages collection issues...
To: Shawn O'Shea <sko@eth0.net>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@c35.jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/22/2001 09:49:50
On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 12:08:56PM -0400, Shawn O'Shea wrote:

> I was trying to build wget, which requires gmake, and it seems some of the
> configure tests fail if they believe you to be crosscompiling. Make's
> configure says:
> checking whether setvbuf arguments are reversed... configure: error: can
> not run test program while cross compiling

GNU configure scripts test to see if the compiler is a cross-compiler by
trying to execute the following test program after compiling:

	main(){return(0);}

For some reason or another, executing this program is failing on your system.
I don't have these problems on my 1.5.1/alpha system with today's pkgsrc. I'm
guessing you have something unusual in your environment, perhaps an extra
LIBS variable defined in your environment, that is causing the test program
to be linked with extra libraries that can't be resolved at run-time.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlamjgrind.org>