Subject: Re: KDE2, kde2-i18n ?
To: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf@steinba.ch>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/18/2001 11:21:18
Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> > Such a solution seems worthless with binary packages, at least unless the
> > default is to include *all* languages.
>
> Yes, that was the intention. If PKG_LANGUAGES is not set, it defaults to
> all. Every pkg which does not (yet) support PKG_LANGUAGES, installs all
> languages it provides. Binary packages made from i18n packages include all
> languages provided by the package.

I think this is a good enough interim solution.

How much space would the i18n stuff actually occupy when installed?
The distribution tarbals weight like 2MB for each language.

I lean in direction of making separate package for each language
eventually, and adding them into a separate pkgsrc category/directory
'i18n'.  kde2-i18n would then become meta-package.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!