Subject: Re: KDE2, kde2-i18n ?
To: None <,>
From: Nick Hudson <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/16/2001 05:54:56
On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:17:04 +0200 (CEST), wrote:

>  Hello,
>  I found out our KDE2 packages don't include i18n stuff and hence don't
>  have the localization stuff. I was quite surprised I'm forced to
>  english-speaking desktop :)
>  Are there any other people besides me who would like to have the
>  kde2 i18n stuff in pkgsrc? Is there anyone working on this?

Its something I never got round to completing. It is listed in pkgsrc/TODO

>  Besides this - would it be desirable to feed patches back to KDE
>  team, so that they appear in further 2.x series and 3.0? I could
>  help to feed back of changes, especially since I should still
>  have a CVS commit rights to KDE tree (if not revoked - I used
>  it sometime in KDE 1.0 era last time).

I believe all clean patches from the current pkgs have been passed back and
incorporated into KDE2.2.

When I complete the 2.2 upgrade (soon I hope) to the pkgs I would appreciate
you committing some stuff. Otherwise I can use the KDE bugs route.

 Get 100% private, FREE email for life from Excite UK