Subject: Re: ltconfig [was Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/imlib]
To: None <rh@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/14/2001 08:12:49
"Dr. Rene Hexel" wrote:

> Nick Hudson wrote:
>
> > > XXX: in the long run, the buildlink autoconf macros probably need to be
> > >      updated and fixed to prevent similar problems in other packages.
> >
> > ltconfig has disappeared from libtool. LIBTOOL_OVERRIDE was resurrected
> > to cope with this situation.
>
>   Our libtool package still has it (which is good, otherwise we'd break
> all the LTCONFIG_OVERRIDE's out there ;-)

One day our libtool will lose ltconfig. This shouldn't break any
LTCONFIG_OVERRIDE pkgs except those that require autoconf as you point
out.

Simply put all the work of ltconfig has been moved into libtool.m4 (part
of the libtool pkg) which is used by autoconf.

I am going to reply to your other message re buildlink...

Nick