Subject: Re: qmail package -- review & suggestions welcome
To: Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/13/2001 21:05:04
Tomasz Luchowski wrote:

> [qmail package]
>
> I am not sure how to work-around it without leaving PLIST empty and doing
> rm -rf on /var/qmail
> in post-deinstall target.

This could blow away undelivered mail.  If a new version of qmail
came out that was spool-file compatibile with the old one you'd want
to leave that part of /var/qmail alone between deinstalling the old
version of the package and installing the new version.  I'd opt for
DEINSTALL script that said something like "manually delete any files
in /var/qmail, after making sure they weren't undelivered mail" or
something similar.

No answers for the rest of your pkg-related questions :(

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/