Subject: Re: qmail package -- review & suggestions welcome
To: Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@netbsd.org>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/12/2001 22:24:44
Tomasz Luchowski wrote:

> I understand that pkgsrc policy is not to install files outside ${PREFIX}
> if it is not necessary, but I'd vote for /var/qmail as qmail's location.
> Every single qmail extension, tool, utility or anything looks for qmail there.

  The hylafax package has a similar problem.  The solution there was to
install to ${PREFIX} and set up the /var/spool/fax infrastructure on the
first run of the hylafax setup script.  One way to do this is to create
links from /var/qmail/<whatever> to the appropriate places below
${PREFIX} for directories like bin, doc, man, etc. and copy the
corresponding directory/file structure to /var/qmail for queue and any
other "volatile" directories.

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene