Subject: Re: Japanese translation requested
To: Masao Uebayashi <>
From: Johnny C. Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/03/2001 00:28:55
Masao Uebayashi <>

> I attach an easy translation.

Thanks very much!  This patch kit seems to be exactly what I'm looking
for then, as they're based on the patches already in our pkgsrc.

> BTW, new born "GS-CJK" project is trying to enhance Ghostscript to be
> not only Japanized but I18nized.  They have already released some
> patches, but they are experimental ones, and I don't think that they
> are good for Pkgsrc.

This project looks pretty cool ... I'll probably pkg-ize it anyways so
CJK users can more easily play with it on NetBSD.  Besides, they can
always use the feedback to get NetBSD into a supported OS directly out
of their source tree.

	Thanks again,

     -- Johnny C. Lam <>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University