Subject: Re: Japanese translation requested
To: None <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/03/2001 11:15:46
> Hi,

Hello,

> 	I'm working on updating print/ghostscript to either APFL
> Ghostscript 7.00 or to GNU Ghostscript 6.51.  In considering the APFL
> Ghostscript, I ran across what appeared to be VFlib patches on the web
> somewhere.  If someone could please translate for me the README file
> at
>
> 	http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/README.vlib

I attach an easy translation.

> Also, if anyone out there knows of other VFlib of Japanese PDF
> patches that apply toward either of the two ghostscripts above,
> please let me know, or point me to a URL.

I dunno, but I'll look for this.

BTW, new born "GS-CJK" project is trying to enhance Ghostscript to be
not only Japanized but I18nized.  They have already released some
patches, but they are experimental ones, and I don't think that they
are good for Pkgsrc.

  http://www.gyve.org/gs-cjk/

Regards,
Masao

                  Japanization patch kit for GS7.00
                          gs700-j-vlib.zip

This is a Japanization patch kit for Ghostscript 7.00. This patch derives from
gs5.50-vflib-1.0 written by Akira Tanaka.

Installation:

1.
  After installing original Ghostscript 7.00 for Windows, extract
  gs700-j-vflib.zip on to the directory where Ghostscript is installed.
  (this will be possibly C:/gs.)
2.
  Add C:\gs\gs7.00\bin into the PATH environmental variable.
3.
  Set the GS_LIB environmental variable like
    GS_LIB=C:/gs/gs7.00/lib;C:/gs/gs7.00/vflib;C:/gs/fonts
4.
  Prepare 'vfontcap', whose sample is included in dvipsk-w32.tar.gz.  Set the
  VFONTCAP environmental variable unless the 'vfontcap' file is not located in
  C:\usr\local\share\texmf\dvips\vfontcap.  Correct the 'Windows fonts' item in
  vfontcap so that the item directs to the actual font directory.