Subject: Re: mit-threads don't work?
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Jarom=EDr_Dolecek?= <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: None <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/24/2001 15:06:50
On 07/21/2001 12:03:10 PM ZE2 Jarom=EDr Dolecek wrote:

>I'd expect this happen if you'd get the pthread library compiled
>from old version of system (I think the sys_errlist[] changed
>in NetBSD 1.4). Are you sure you have mit-pthreads for 1.5.1/current?
>Which version do you have (pkg_info mit-pthreads) ? It might help
>to recompile mit-pthreads. Anyway, you probably want to compile your
program
>with -D_REENTRANT. You might also try to call pthread_init()
>on start of main() - even through you are not using pthreads, mit-pthr=
eads
>might override some libc stuff and break if not initialized.
>GDB stacktrace would also help to find out where the program crashes.

I used a recompiled current pthreads library, this wasn't the problem.

But a call to pthread_init fixed the problem. This pthread_init seems
to be special to the mit-pthreads packages, I compile the same
program for Darwin and Linux and there is no pthread_init function.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

regards,
chris

=