Subject: Re: per OS pkg patches files ?
To: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@script.jussieu.fr>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/17/2001 11:26:38
	Since the goal of patches is to be able to be fed back to
	the original maintainer where possible, they should use
	#ifdef or similar to ensure they do not impact outside of
	the desired OS/ARCH or similar.

	There are two obvious exceptions:

	    - Where a patch is needed to work with the requirements
	      of pkgsrc.  Though ideally this should be done by a
	      patch to add a build config option and then pkgsrc uses
	      that.

	    - Where patches really are OS or ARCH specific, such as
	      in packages which install binaries, eg: net/citrix_ica or
	      lang/sun-jdk13

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --