Subject: Open Packages
To: None <>
From: Chris Coleman <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/14/2001 17:55:44
If you aren't already aware, the Open Packages project is working to unify
the existing BSD ports/pkgsrc collections and port it to other OSes at the
same time.

OP is really starting to make progress and we will be reaching milestone 2
very soon now.  Much of the OP infrastructure was taken directly from the
NetBSD pkgsrc and pkg_tools, so we need people with a good knowledge of
their inner workings to help out with OP as we expand its functionality.

If you are currently a NetBSD committer, just send me your ssh key and you
will have an OP commit bit waiting.  We could also use your expertise on
the mailing list.

Chris Coleman		Editor in Chief
Daemon News E-Zine
Print Magazine