Subject: SDL_ttf and XFree86 4
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/12/2001 00:03:33
Hi,

just to point out that, at least for me, and at least SDL_ttf (there may
be others) build fails with XFree86 4.1 installed (on NetBSD 1.5).

When configuring SDL_ttf, it bombs out on

checking for freetype-config... no
configure: error:
*** Inable to find FreeType2 library (http://www.freetype.org/)

Naturally, when trying to build FreeType2, I receive the information
that Freetype2 is part of XFree86 4.

On the other hand, I just started thinking that there was something
weird going on when I built XFree... has anyone seen build of XFree86
bomb with Freetype related issue, during (I think) make include. There
was something that it couldn't find file

 extras/FreeType/lib/arch/1/Makefile.in

Or something similar. I built X by smartly linking 1 -> unix.

In any case, what should I do to fix things?

--
Arto Huusko