Subject: problems building several packages
To: pkgsrc <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/09/2001 22:46:49
I tried doing a major package update on my machine (I _had_ to, because
some new packages required new library versions and that forced me to
reinstall most of other software as well).

Now, when I try to make glade, I get this:

checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.9... no
*** Could not run IMLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means IMLIB was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved IMLIB since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the imlib-config script:

However, imlib _has_ been installed:

root@pyy devel/glade # pkg_info |grep imlib
imlib-       image manipulation library for X11

I'm running 1.5W kernel with binaries from Jan/Feb.. could this problem
be caused by my userland being too old?

I also have problems with installed programs not finding the shared libraries.
Before ELF, this was fixed by, but now...  Don't the binaries know
the library search path?  No?