Subject: Re: rfc: bulk-build mail list and binary packages
To: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/06/2001 12:32:54
On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Dr. Rene Hexel wrote:
>   What I'd prefer to see is a declining number of
"incompatible" packages.  I.e., when the major version of a library gets
bumped, all the depending packages should be rebuild (preferably by the
person who updated the library, but at least by the person who uploaded
the binary package containing the library) and uploaded in one go.  This
would at least solve most of ii) and iii) ...      >

If the bulk build's done properly, any pkg depending on a changed lib
*will* be rebuilt.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html