Subject: naming convention under pkgsrc/fonts
To: None <>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/04/2001 15:38:44
	at this moment pkgsrc/fonts is organized based on national character
	set names, like "jisx0208fonts".  concern was raised on japanese
	pkgsrc mailing list, that we should have separate directories
	for each of the fonts to let people install fonts independently.
	(like "shinonome", which is inside jisx0208fonts)

	however, we need to do it carefully-otherwise we won't be able to
	manage large number of fonts.

	how about <countrycode>-<fontname> ?  for example, as follows:
	we can have meta font directories if we want to, like:
	which has dependency to other ja-<fontname> fonts.  how do you think?

CVS                 acroread-jpnfont    jisx0208fonts       mglfonts
Makefile            acroread-korfont    jisx0212fonts       mkttfdir
Xg                  arphicttf           jisx0213fonts       watanabe_vfont
acroread-chsfont    freefonts           jmk-fonts
acroread-chtfont    ghostscript-fonts   johabfonts
acroread-font-share intlfonts           ksc5601fonts