Subject: buildlink and CFLAGS
To: None <>
From: Martti Kuparinen <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/29/2001 11:38:45

I'm in the process of updating the WAP gateway package (www/kannel)
and for this I needed libxml2. I have created a package for libxml2
with the new file (and I going to submit a PR for this
new package as soon as the buildlink issues are sorted out).

When I'm compiling kannel the work/.buildlink/include/ directory is
created as one might expect and it has one additional subdirectory
called libxml2.

How do I tell Makefile (or whatever) that I want to have

in CFLAGS in addition to the standard

As work/.buildlink/include/libxml2 is not in the include path
the compilation fails. It seems like if there's a line like

    BUILDLINK_FILES.libxml2=        include/libxml2/*

in libxml2's the files in /usr/pkg/include/libxml2/ are
not linked directly under work/.buildlink/include/ but in

Is it possible to link those files directly to
work/.buildlink/include/? Or should I define one extra CONFIGURE_ENV

I've read pkgsrc/Packages.txt version 1.167 but there seems to be
nothing about this.

Please CC me the answer as I'm not in this list...

Martti Kuparinen <>