Subject: Questions about submitting new packages
To: None <>
From: Rob Hoopman <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/25/2001 17:00:49
  I've packaged up two new packages that probably need considerable
testing before they should be included into pkgsrc.

As I've never packaged or submitted anything to netbsd before I have a
couple of questions:

- Can I just put them up on the web somewhere and send-pr them?

- Can I use <> as
maintainer, or do I need to put myself in there?

- As I only have some i386 I can test these on they probably need some
testing on other platforms?
Should I use ONLY_FOR_PLATFOM as long as I haven't had confirmation they
run on other platforms?

- Furthermore pkglint is swearing like a sailor when I run it on the
php4-sablot package
It does the same for php4-pgsql and others, so I guess this should be ok

Those are my questions so far.

In the mean time, anyone interested can have a look at them I've put
them up at:

These enable the sablotron XSLT extensions for PHP4