Subject: Re: hidden dependencies, Act II
To: Dr. Rene Hexel <>
From: Johnny C. Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/14/2001 18:13:10
"Dr. Rene Hexel" <> writes:
> "Johnny C. Lam" wrote:
> > I've seen many configure scripts that conditionally set certain
> > ac_cv_* values depending on whether other libraries were found or not.
>   That's okay.  The point is that all these ac_cv_* then are present in
> config.cache and can easily be set to "no" by a post-processing script.
> That's a lot easier than parsing the configure script itself by such a
> script in order to create config.cache.

No, I think you missed my point.  The config.cache generated depends
on what's already been found during the configure process.  The
resulting config.cache file won't contain all of the ac_cv_* values
possible.  For an example, see pkgsrc/graphics/magicpoint.

     -- Johnny C. Lam <>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University