Subject: Re: hidden dependencies, Act II
To: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/13/2001 21:04:15
"Johnny C. Lam" wrote:

> I think we should be "default-deny", meaning we should be required
> to explicitly name the libraries we wish to allow to be found.

  I agree, but I actually like the idea of using config.cache.  This
would alleviate us from coming up with our own pkgautoreconf (and
eventually getting into the same mess we were in with pkglibtool).

  It should be rather easy to produce a "default-deny" config.cache
using a script that just scans the GNU "configure" script and adds the
desired "ac_cv_lib_whatever_main=no"/"ac_cv_header_whatever_h=no"
entries to "config.cache".

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene