Subject: Re: Some questions on KDE2
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf@jellonet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/06/2001 19:04:36
Chris Gilbert wrote:
> The kmail people traced it back to being in the kdelibs (or
> more specifically the kio_pop3 code somewhere, I can't remember the
> details, but I think it has been fixed)

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm that it is fixed. It just appeared again with:

    kdelibs-2.1.2
    kdebase-2.1.1
    kdesupport-2.1
    kdenetwork-2.1.1

No, core file. ~/.xsession-errors contains:

[snip]
kio (KIOJob): stat pop3://xxxxxxxx@mail.jellonet.de:110/41
kio (KIOJob): StatJob::slotStatEntry
kio_pop3: Reusing old connection
kio_pop3: POP3Protocol::del DELE 41
kio (KIOJob): stat pop3://xxxxxxxx@mail.jellonet.de:110/42
kio (KIOJob): StatJob::slotStatEntry
kio_pop3: Reusing old connection
kio_pop3: POP3Protocol::del DELE 42
kmail: stage == Dele
kio (KIOJob): TransferJob::start
kio_pop3: Reusing old connection
kio_pop3: Issued QUIT
DCOP:  unregister 'kmail'
DCOP: number of clients is now down to 9
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 19400, errno = 0
kio (kioslave): slavewrapper: Communication with app lost. Returning to slave
pool.
kio (kioslave): SIGPIPE
kio (kioslave): slavewrapper: Communication with app lost. Returning to slave
pool.
kdecore (KLibLoader): closing library libkcm_info
kdecore (KLibLoader): Deleting KLibrary 0x8108d00  libkcm_info
kdecore (KLibLoader): Deleting KLibLoader 0x8108b00  unnamed

But I fear, that this is becoming really off-topic here...

    Ingolf