Subject: Re: is openssl-0.9.6a going to be brought in to pkgsrc?
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/27/2001 10:31:47
On Thu, 24 May 2001, Jeff Rizzo wrote:

> I've just run into a problem installing postgresql under Solaris (using
> Zoularis, natch) because of a symbol clash between a header installed
> by openssl and a native Solaris header... apparently this is fixed
> by version 0.9.6a of openssl.  (See pkg/13021)
>
> I haven't delved into it that deeply... perhaps it could be fixed
> by a patch to the current openssl-0.9.6 pkg.

The natural thing, to sync the openssl package with the tree,
including bumping the shared library version number and all the
dependencies, is complicated by the fact that folks could still build
packages against the openssl in the NetBSD-1.5 and 1.5.1, so if we
bump, say libwwwssl to libwwwssl.2.0 for those users, there will be no
bump for them when the interface really does change, after they
upgrade to current or NetBSD-1.6.

Frederick