Subject: Re: DEINSTALL scripts for daemon packages
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/25/2001 10:43:38
On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 09:33:38PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> However the `deinstall' script cannot even approach being able to paper
> over a missing `require' script since it has no PRE-DEINSTALL action,
> only a POST-DEINSTALL action.  (thus the nature of this very thread!)

I looked into this at the beginning of the week for something else I'm
doing, and the INSTALL script is called twice, once with PRE-INSTALL,
once with POST-INSTALL.  The DEINSTALL script is also called twice,
once with DEINSTALL and once with POST-DEINSTALL.  I have no idea why
the arguments are inconsistent, but it's not possible to change them
now.

Regards,
Alistair