Subject: Re: down?
To: Jon Buller <>
From: Patrick Welche <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/18/2001 21:44:44
On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 09:30:07PM -0700, Jon Buller wrote:
> Ack! What bad timing.  I just tried to upgrade guile since I didn't
> have a whole lot better to do at the moment.  This went and upgraded
> readline and libtool for me, but in the process (and without any
> warning) it nuked PostgreSQL.  I presume PGSQL needs readline...

I don't know which version is in pkgsrc, but since January
pgsql is very happy with NetBSD's libedit as found in -current..

% ldd `which psql`
         -lcrypt.0 => /usr/lib/
         -lresolv.1 => /usr/lib/
         -lpq.2 => /usr/local/pgsql/lib/
         -lz.0 => /usr/lib/
         -lm.0 => /usr/lib/
         -lm.0 => /usr/lib/
         -lutil.5 => /usr/lib/
         -ledit.2 => /usr/lib/  <<<<<<<<  Hello Jarmomir ;)
         -ltermcap.0 => /usr/lib/
         -lc.12 => /usr/lib/

and of course pgsql doesn't *need* readline, it's just friendlier.

Just FYI,